What We Do
In addition to providing transitional living in Berks County, Clare of Assisi House offers access to personal counseling, mentoring, spiritual support and professional skills training. Women learn how to resolve conflict, improve communication, change behaviors and make better life choices. Employment readiness training, financial literacy, parenting training, GED assistance and access to 12-step addiction recovery support are offered.
Clare of Assisi House has established partnerships with local and regional resources including the criminal justice system, the Department of Corrections and correctional facilities, churches and faith-based organizations, non-profit groups and government agencies. Our professional staff and volunteers work closely with all resources to ensure our residents achieve a healthy, fulfilling and productive future.
- Addiction Recovery
- Daily Morning Meditation
- Individual Counseling
- Employment Counseling – Resume writing, interviewing techniques, and dressing for success.
- Educational Opportunities – Each resident is encouraged to complete GED if needed, job training or college degree
- Parenting Training – Nurturing parenting program.
- Life Skills Training – Resident learn how to plan and prepare meals, maintain a home, and develops healthy decision making skills.
- Housing – transitional living and assist residents in navigating the local housing market and to secure future housing.
- Group Therapy – Helping Women Recover, Seeking Safely, and Breaking the Cycle
Clare of Assisi House has established strategic partnerships with the following individuals and organizations: