What We Do
In addition to providing transitional living in Berks County, Clare of Assisi House offers access to personal counseling, mentoring, spiritual support and professional skills training. Women learn how to resolve conflict, improve communication, change behaviors and make better life choices. Employment readiness training, financial literacy, parenting training, GED assistance and access to 12-step addiction recovery support are offered.
Clare of Assisi House has established partnerships with many local and regional resources including the criminal justice system, the Department of Corrections and correctional facilities, churches and faith-based organizations, non-profit groups and government agencies. Our professional staff and trained volunteers work closely with all resources to ensure our residents achieve a healthy, fulfilling and productive future.
- Addiction Recovery
- Local Church Networking
- Bible Study
- Personal Counseling
- Employment Counseling – Resume writing, interviewing techniques, and dressing for success.
- Educational Opportunities – Each resident receives support and encouragement as she completes her GED and earns college credit.
- Parenting Training – Nurturing parenting program.
- Life Skills Training – Each resident learns how to plan and prepare meals, maintain a home, and develops healthy decision making skills to succeed independently.
- Housing – Clare House Shelter staff and volunteers provide transitional living and assist residents in navigating the local housing market and securing future housing.
Clare of Assisi House has established strategic partnerships with the following individuals and organizations: